Maria S. + Blue Eagles..Wow!

Filed under: , , , , , by: simplegal

Just want to congratulate my faves, the ones whom I talked about in my recently written "about" page, the ADMU Blue Eagles and Maria Sharapova for both winning their respective games today. I may sound like a "fanatic & somewhat lunatic" for being crazy over them but who cares? No one's reading this anyway..:)

First to be featured is Maria Sharapova. Actually, this has been hours late already since I just saw the live scoring on her game against Alisa Kleybanova. She will now be going up on Finals against her compatriot Elena Dementieva, after having found her revenge against Serena Williams. As what I have mentioned in my previous page, I am just so excited seeing Maria on top of her game again. If I'm not mistaken, this will be her very first appearance on Finals after having been back on tour last March after her shoulder injury. Since I'm really not a good critic nor a good sportswriter, let me just quote to you an article about her from the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour official site.

"Sharapova won an all-unseeded affair in the feature night match against Alisa Kleybanova, beating her hard-hitting and giant-killing countrywoman in a match that went until almost 11pm, 62 46 64. Sharapova struggled with her form in the second set, hitting six of her 12 double faults there, but after falling behind 3-1 in the third she caught fire again, pounding winners into the corners and winning five of the last six games."


photo courtesy of zimbio.com

Sharapova has won eight of 10 previous meetings against Dementieva, including a blowout in their most recent encounter last year at the Australian Open (Sharapova beat Dementieva in the fourth round, 62 60). Both of Dementieva's career wins over her countrywoman have come on outdoor hardcourts, however.

You can watch the highlights of Sharapova vs. Kleybanova here.

And lastly, I'm happy to announce that "In the new rankings Maria will move up provisionally to #30 with 1720 points. With this rankings jump, Maria is guaranteed a seeding at the US Open, and if she wins the final on Sunday, Maria will move up to #22."(mariasharapova.com)

Will write about the Blue Eagles next. So sleepy already.:)

2 comments:

On August 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM , simplegal said...

test,..

 
On August 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM , simplegal said...

test,..