Maria's first win in LA Tennis 2009

Filed under: , , , by: simplegal

Maria Sharapova just got her first win against Jarmila Groth at LA Tennis Women's Championship after being defeated by Venus Williams at quarterfinals in the previous tournament in Stanford. 6-0, 6-4 in the first round, she will be facing Victoria Azarenka in the next round. who is considered to be Maria's doppelganger when it comes to big hitting, fierce mental intensity and high decibel grunting.

As what Maria has said, "(Azarenka’s) not an up-and-comer anymore – she’s top 10 in the world. I definitely am happy I’ve created the opportunity. . . to play against her. Because as someone who’s been there before, I love the challenges of playing some of the best people in the world. I look forward to playing that one."


I would really love to see Maria on court again, hitting those big shots and eventually lifting the crown up. Go Masha!

PHOTO GALLERY OF MARIA
.

0 comments: